Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nick's decision

Nick made the decision Tuesday night to pray and ask Jesus to come into his heart and be his Lord and Savior. From the time he could speak a little English, he has not stopped asking us questions- pretty deep theological questions. In the past couple months, he asked us often when could he become a Christian. I would go through the Bible verses and his understanding seemed to really be growing. He just never knew quite what to pray. I didn't want to put words in his mouth.
The day I told him our sweet little friend Emma had passed away and was now in Heaven with Jesus, he had a strange reaction. He was very excited. He was so happy that Emma was in Heaven. Nick kept talking about Emma getting to be with Jesus. Since that day, he has been very persistent about asking Jesus into his heart.
Tuesday we went to the hospital to meet Nick and Alex's new cousin. On the drive up there, Nick sang a very long song about all his beliefs and how much he loved Jesus- his Lord and Savior. So Tuesday night, I asked him if he wanted to pray and ask Jesus into his heart. He said yes and prayed for Jesus to save him. He was so happy. He kept jumping up and down. Nick kept asking 'Am I a Christian now? Is Jesus in my heart?"
We told him we will talk to our pastor and then he can be baptized. He is very excited about that!
I'm not sure how long he stayed up Tuesday night- he was just so excited. I told him he could stay up and talk to Jesus and sing in bed if he wanted to. He is a lot like me- my mom reminded me that when I got saved she heard me for a long time that night singing in my room about how happy I was and how much I loved Jesus. Well, I still do and I'm so happy Nick is now my little brother in Christ. Grandma Pruett told him he has two birthdays now, but I also reminded him that he has also been adopted twice! He is a child of God!

FYI:
I used the questions and Bible verses in my Share Jesus Without Fear Bible.
The verses are:
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (He has this one memorized thanks to Mr. Eddie- his Sunday School teacher.)
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.
John 3:3 Jesus replied "I assure you: Unless someone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 14:6 Jesus told him "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Romans 10:9-10 If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation.
2 Corinthians 5:15 And He died for all so that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the One who died for them and was raised.
Revelation 3:20 Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and have dinner with him, and he with Me.

I wish I could remember what Nick's explanation for each verse was! Someday he'll be old enough to share that himself. He has already started to try. He is trying to convince Alex to become a Christian and getting a little upset that he doesn't understand yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment