Sunday, April 11, 2010

I think I'll be six now for ever and ever
















When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
Nick just told me there are now four things he can be when he grows up: a hunter, a captain of a ship, a missionary, and a drummer.
We went to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Bradley after church today. They gave him an electronic drum set. He is enjoying playing with it, and his mommy and daddy are really enjoying it.
I have no idea why he wants to be a hunter. That one is new to me! I do know he is working on his listening skills and he even got a medal in Sunday School class for listening during the Bible story.
Grandma and Grandpa Pruett gave him a new movie last weekend for his birthday. It is called "Pistachio", I think? It is a Veggie Tales movie. The boys said it was a good movie but we haven't watched it yet. I mean, they did watch it at Grandma Pruett's house! And they told me it is all about listening to your parents.
We had a lot of fun going up in the Arch on Saturday. It was a beautiful day! It was a really fun way to celebrate a birthday. We had a view of the Arch from our room and Nick spent a lot of time looking out the window. He also asked us repeatedly what every single building was in downtown St. Louis. He wanted to know exactly what people do in each building. Most of them, we had no idea so Ryan finally told him to call the Mayor's office.
Alex is recovering from surgery and seems to be doing good. The boys played outside for a while after we got home from our weekend trip to St. Louis and I'm not sure Alex kept his bandanges very clean. I forgot to wrap his arm with press and seal. I've been doing that at bath and meal times and it works really well.
Ryan has been downstairs playing a new video game with the boys. For his birthday, Nick got the video game they are trying to figure out, a dragon pirate play set thing, night vision goggles (Alex got a pair too), a dinosaur puzzle, and dinosaur stuff for his room.
I bought fabric to make curtains for Nick's room, and I found a blue bedspread at Wal-mart. I also found some dinosaur decorations at Kohl's that were 50% off! Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get Nick's room transformed from a Jeep room to a dinosaur room.
It is hard to believe Nick is already six! He has had a very exciting year. He lost his first tooth, traveled back to China, climbed the Great Wall, got a new brother, became a Christian, started school, and had a great year being five. I'm sure six will be a great year, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment