Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Birthday

The boys had a lot of fun celebrating my birthday. We didn't do anything too exciting, but they seemed to think we were having a party. Michael, Kerry, and Hannah came over and ate Casey's pizza with us and watched The Lion, the witch, and the Wardrobe. You know you have a good friend when she sits threw such a long movie and the whole time is wondering if she is going into labor because she is in so much pain. She didn't go into labor so I don't get to share my birthday with baby Zane. Oh well!
Nick was so excited that it was my birthday and told everyone we saw. He also asked me how old I was about 400 times! Alex had a little bit of a rough day. It is still hard for him when other people get presents and attention. But he did okay.
Three years ago on my birthday, we were getting ready to leave to go get Nick. Two years ago, we were getting information on Alex and doing paperwork to adopt him. Last year, we had been back from China about a month, and for some reason, I can't remember anything about my birthday last year. I was in survival mode. This year, I am thankful for two wonderful boys, an amazing husband, my family, and good friends. Life is good.
Recently Pastor Matt preached a sermon about adversity and grace. That sermon really convicted me and taught me a lot. It's been an exciting year but also one of the hardest years of my life. I'm glad I heard his sermon before I turned 34 and am ready to approach this year full of joy because of the never-ending grace of God.
Check out the sermon at www.faithfestus.com. Scroll down to the sermon titled Grace and Adversity on July 25, 2010. That happened to be our 12th Wedding Anniversary, too!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it was a great day! It is hard for little ones to understand not getting presents! They are so used to be the center of attention!

    ReplyDelete