Friday, May 21, 2010

Field Trip

We ended up having a beautiful day for Nick's spring field trip to Grant's Farm. He loaded the bus at school about 8:15 and Alex and I drove up to meet them at Grant's Farm. We loaded the tram to go see all the animals. Nick and Alex had a great time being together. I think Nick thought it was fun to see all the other "busy bees" from his class. He really seems to like all the kids in his class and talks about a lot of them. We rode the tram behind Gavin and Colton.After the tram ride, we fed the goats and then went to a bird show. We walked around and the boys talked me into buying them a snow cone.Of course, I had to let Nick and Alex ride the carousel before we left. And Nick had fun watching the carousel and waveing at all his friends.
Our next stop was Suson Park for a picnic. Nick's class usually eats at 11:15, but they didn't get to the park until 12:30. As you can imagine, all the kids were very hungry. We had a few minutes to go play on the playground before the kids left on the bus to go back to school. I signed Nick out so he could stay with us for the rest of the day.

Nick and Alex played for a long time. They didn't even want to go see the animals. The place eventually cleared out and all that was left was us and Nick's friend Alana from class and her little sister Zoey. Nick told me Alana is his best friend.

It was exciting to be on my child's first field trip and I was so thankful that it went so smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment